Tuesday 16 September 2014


The other day I had an epiphany, I realised that I rarely watch TV.  Apart from The Bachelor, which is so disgustingly addictive, I just never seam to have the time. I remember when I was growing up having quiet an organised and dedicated television viewing schedule. I would rush home from school to catch my favourite shows or wake up extra early to watch Sailor Moon and Pokémon. I miss having the freedom and time to spend hours watching TV guilt-free, but more so I miss the shows.




Being a kid in the 90’s and early 00’s meant having access to some of the best kids shows and cartoons, some of which are still played today.  For all of us who grew up without pay TV or before the magical thing we call Internet was around, “ABC Kids” was the channel packed full of the coolest (and some of the weirdest) shows.  My early primary school viewing mainly consisted of Arthur, Babar, Blinky Bill,  Johnson and Friends and Madeline. Looking back on these shows now, some of them are kinda weird and creepy, especially Johnson and Friends, there’s something about that elephant puppet that just aint right!

Once I hit high school I almost felt too cool for “ABC Kids” but they just offered so many viewing delights! I was sucked in with shows like Lizzie Mcguire, Round the Twist, Blue Water High, Girls Stuff Boys Stuff and Daria; the list is endless really.  Watching afternoon TV was the best and you forget how many shows you would religiously watch. 

As I said before, ABC was home to some of the coolest and weird weirdest shows. Among the weird were Soup Opera, Magic Mountain and The Tellitubbies. I would seriously recommend checking out this episode of Soup Opera, although weird it never ceases to amaze me!


P.s I still watch Arthur to this day.















2 comments :

  1. I wasn't allowed to watch tv after I turned 7 (don't ask ahha) but I have vivid memories of the ferals/feral TV. That show was amazing (ugh ABC kids was so goood)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....great think behind the post..........i really love this post. because i remember my childhood wherever read about it.. Must visit for tailoring in nassau county

    ReplyDelete