Now, I haven't baked in a while and I made this recipe as a 'shove everything in the bowl at once' type of thing. But that's what you want on a day like today, and give or take 45 minutes and you'll have these badboys to feast on.
What you need:
2 Eggs (Only thing missing from the picture)
1/2 Cup Plain Flour
1/2 Cup Cocoa
2/3 Cup Caster Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
80g Butter (Melted)
100g of Chocolate (Whatever you feel like throwing in)
What to do:
2. Chuck the butter in a bowl into the microwave, for 30 seconds or so, until it's nearly melted.
3. Sift the cocoa, baking powder and flour together in another bowl.
4. Add the sugar and stir through.
5. Add the butter and eggs to the flour mixture, and make sure you mix until it becomes a thick but smooth consistency. No sugar lumps!
6. Once you're happy with the mix, add in the chocolate and stir.
7. Either grease a square tin or add baking paper to it (easier option, less cleaning required later).
8. Then once the tin's prepped, add the mixture to it and spread evenly across.
9. Bake for around 30 minutes. You can check by putting a skewer in it, and checking if any of the batter sticks when you pull it back out.
10. Whip out of the oven when cooked, leave it to cool, then cut into squares and sprinkle icing sugar over top.
Written by Natalie Lane