Wednesday 25 June 2014

I’ve always had trouble maintaining balance with my skin. It’s too oily, too dry or plagued with breakouts. My bathroom drawers are a cemetery of various creams and cleansers, all abandoned for making my skin too oily, too dry or further exacerbating my breakouts. 

In the last year, I’ve discovered my Holy Grail skin product, Ultrabland Cleanser, from Lush. I’ll admit, I was skeptical when the people at Lush recommended I replace my (at least) 4 step cleansing routine with just one product but I tried it and boy am I glad I did.

Ultrabland’s active ingredients are Almond Oil and rosewater.  Almond Oil works to loosen the dirt and oil on your face, allowing for a deeper and more moisturizing cleanse. Rose helps to alleviate redness and inflammation, great for those puffy under eye circles.

The cleanser, which has an oily, almost paste-like consistency, is massaged directly on to the skin and wiped off with a hot face washer. I recommend stocking up on a few microfiber cloths (2 for $4 at Kmart)! The sticky residue left on the skin after cleansing is hard to get used to, but stick with it as it is working wonders for your skin and soon you’ll crave the extra moisture!

Helen Ambrosen, co-founder of Lush, says it best: “This product sums up what Lush is; it’s simple, beautiful, effective and I love it”.


0 comments :

Post a Comment