Wednesday 18 June 2014


I’m smitten. Actually, more than smitten, I’m in love. Unfortunately it’s not with a hunky babe, but who needs a babe when you can have a 50mm Lens?!

As a newcomer to the photography game I was working with a Canon 1100D and an EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens, which I found great, because I am by no means a professional photographer!

Then my life changed. I met the Canon 50mm Lens.  I cannot say enough good things about this lens. I’m not bothered by the ‘build’ or all the specifications, just the results; and they really speak for themselves. Of course this is just an entry- level 50mm and there are heaps of others available to use across any body but I’m so impressed with how this model has delivered.

If you’re after something for close up work like portraits than the 50mm is perfect. I actually use it for almost everything, even though technically I shouldn’t; it just takes such a nice image. Colours are vibrant, skin looks soft and backgrounds are just slightly blurred so your focus really stands out.

If you have a DSLR I would seriously recommend picking up a nifty fifty, you can’t go wrong and it’s a steal at just $120!  All in all I can’t say a bad word about it; Fifty is love. Fifty is life. 

Here's a few of my fave fifty shots, enjoy! 











On a final note, although I have a 50mm lens I wouldn't complain if a hunky babe came my way!










0 comments :

Post a Comment