Tuesday 8 April 2014

When she's not busy brunching or lunching at one of Melbourne's many delicious venues, you can find local blogger, 27 year old Megan, hard at work as a hairdresser in an inner-city salon. We sat down with Megan and got the 411 on her favourite local designers and what she would do with $100k.
EVERLAND: How would you describe the fashion scene in Melbourne? And how is it
different to other cities?
We are known for wearing a lot of black, which is true. In saying that though, anything goes here! In my circle of friends, not one of us dresses the same. We all like each others things and may share a few pieces, but it’s always styled differently. Going out in Melbourne is interesting too, it’s a perfect mix of high end and budget pieces. I was out wearing jeans, tee and chunky black boots and another girl was in a white, neoprene and backless Scanlan Theodore dress and neither of us looked out of place. I think Melbournians are very similar to the style in Stockholm, like I said earlier anything goes and it’s quite eclectic. It’s different to other cities not because of what we wear, but how we wear it. I’ve traveled the world and every city has a different vibe.

EVERLAND: What is your next “must have” purchase?
In all seriousness, an apartment. I cannot wait to have my own space to decorate and entertain in! That and an entire new winter wardrobe.

EVERLAND: Next place you want to travel and why?
Back to Stockholm. I was there for a few days last year, I fell in love instantly and have been dreaming of going back ever since. I felt at home there! I am also longing to go back and travel all through Spain, a week in Barcelona was not enough and also left me longing for more.

EVERLAND: Things or person who has inspired you most lately and why?
I’m inspired by anything that can make me a happy and healthier version of myself. I want to be a strong, confident, positive person who inspires others to be the same because life is too short to be unhappy and negative.

EVERLAND: Send us a pic of the contents of your handbag (No prior contents editing plz!)
Phone and headphones, Loving Earth maca capsules which I take daily, purse I bought in Istanbul, gum, my beauty essentials: Napoleon BBB cream, Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and Stilla liquid eyeliner, Orbit shades by Karen Walker and of course a stash of silver and crystal rings.  


EVERLAND: If you had $100,000 to give to an organisation, which would it be and how would
you like it spent?
I’d love to support organisations that support those who cannot defend themselves, animals. I would give it to the RSPCA. I had a dog that was most likely bred from a puppy farm, it opened my eyes to what happens and it sickens me that people use dogs so disgustingly  to make money. I would ask them to spend it as they see fit, they would know what needs the most attention and what would benefit the most from the money, I’d just be happy to help.

EVERLAND: What might (someone) be surprised to know about you?
That I’m looking into ‘going back to school’ and studying crystal healing! It’s something I have been passionate about for years and I am taking it to the next level.  

EVERLAND: Write the first lyrics that come to your head?
We could live for a thousand years, but if I hurt you, I’d make wine from your tears.

EVERLAND: What did you get into the most trouble for when you were young?
Being on the phone for hours on end every single night.

EVERLAND: Favourite local (Australian) designers?
I am head over heels for Knots & Knits by Megan Todd. I have built a little collection of her bags/clutches and I don’t plan to stop. Handmade in Brisbane, I love to support her. Her style is unlike anything I’ve ever seen and I love it. I also love Witu which is a Melbourne born brand making bags (amongst other things) out of neoprene in the most amazing styles and colours! Samantha Wills is also a brand I have worn for years and years and love. Thanks so much for chatting with us, Megan! If you would like to follow Megan on her incredibly chic adventures, you can do so @megandesmond on Instagram and her blog!


0 comments :

Post a Comment