Thursday 8 May 2014

Jessi Jae took 10 minutes away from her busy life starring in musicals, attending Hollywood parties and her work with The Fabulous Stains to chat with us about life in the fast lane.


EVERLAND: What do you do?
I am the founder and creator of The Fabulous Stains fashion collective. I am also a singer (lead singer of the band The Ruckus) and fashion journalist (contributing to sites like Buzznet, E! Online and The Pulp Zine).


EVERLAND: What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? 

FOOD!! When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is make myself a bowl of sugary cereal…then eat it in bed, with a glass of  pulpy orange juice while reading my favorite daily fashion blogs.  EVERLAND: Who do you admire as a leader? 
Andy Warhol, John Lennon, Gwen Stefani, Betsey Johnson, The Spice Girls, The Olsen Twins and Oprah. EVERLAND: If you had $100,000 to give to an organisation, which would it be and how would you like it spent?
If I had $100,000, I would give it to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and grant one last wish of a child with a life-threatening medical condition.
EVERLAND:
What is your earliest memory? 
I remember being a very hyper, energetic kid. I loved riding my bike to the candy store and jumping on trampolines. My dream was to be in the circus.  EVERLAND: Send us a pic of the contents of your handbag.



EVERLAND: What is your next “must have” purchase? 
More platform shoes…always! The taller the better.
EVERLAND: If you could go back in time, where would you visit and what would you do? 
I would travel back to 1960’s New York City and be apart of Andy Warhol’s factory.
EVERLAND: What is the best compliment you’ve ever received? 

I was once told that I was the kindest person in someone’s life and that was very special to me. EVERLAND: Tell us a story about something you’re really proud of? 
I recently starred as the lead in an indie rock musical.  Growing up doing musical theatre and being obsessed with rock musical productions (like Rent), it was such an honor and privilege to star in one myself.   You can watch the trailer here EVERLAND: Where is the next place you want to travel and why?  
I would love to travel to Tokyo, Japan because I have admired and been obsessed with Japanese street style and culture for as long as I can remember.


Thanks so much for chatting with us, Jessi! If you would like to follow Jessi on her wild and crazy adventures, you can do so @jessijaejoplin on Instagram and her website!

0 comments :

Post a Comment